Sunday, July 18, 2010

I think I can, I think I can

Today I did my first real workout with a real personal trainer at a real gym. Holy Cow! I thought I was going to keel over more than once... and the sad thing is my assessment tests show that I'm reasonably fit already (I about keeled over when I saw THAT too).

Here's what I learned today. A 30 minute workout in a gym with free weights and machines is MUCH more difficult than a 1 hour ballet class.

Today I did things I've never contemplated doing during a workout. I used free weights - that was actually kind of fun. And I used a pull up machine. It helps you do pull ups so you aren't just hanging from the bar. Believe it or not that was SO much fun.

My goal is to do my current workout circuit 2-4 times in one session. I cannot even fathom doing 3 right now - much less 4.

My other goal is to work out every day. I'm only going to do my workout routine 3-4 days a week, the other days I plan to swim. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy that. I love shutting out the world - no noise, no distractions, no stress. Just me and the water.

If I accomplish those goals at the end of the first two weeks I get a massage. Once I get to the point I can do my circuit 4 times in a session I get a hot stone massage!

On a side note, after my workout I shared the whirlpool with a bunch of Vipers (our arena football team). They were HUGE - and I was way to sore and tired to be self conscious. It made me feel better that they were in just as much pain as I was!

So wish me luck - hopefully I'll be able to sport a bikini in a couple years when me and my college girls go on our cruise!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm SO proud of you! You ahould come to my Y, it's awesome and we even have a massage therapist on staff.

    I'm VERY proud of you!

    ReplyDelete